What’s The Vision?Here is the heartbeat of what the Lord is showing us.
When pray and walk out the revelation of God, He will revolutionize the church (body of Christ) and its expressions as we see them and experience them, and as we follow the New Testament pattern, then we ourselves will see:
• Every person establishing redemptive cooperative relationships, expressing Christ in every facet of daily living.
• Every person an intimate worshipper (lifestyle).
• Every person discipled, equipped and released in their calling and gifting in relational community.
• Every person a minister to God and each other.
• Every home a simple, relational, Kingdom community.
• Every simple community pregnant and expectant to birth another simple community in God’s timing.
• Every simple community expanding through multiplication of simple community throughout our cities pushing back the kingdom of darkness and expanding the Kingdom of God.
< < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < DISCLAIMER < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < <
The above blog post was written at a time when I was eclectic in my theological & biblical views and understanding. As of 5 February 2017 I am a functional cessasionist, that is, I believe the spiritual gifts, in particular gift like the vocative, prophetic gifts as well as healing & miracles have ceased. This means that my understanding is that at the end of the apostolic era, when the last apostle died (that would be John who was at Patmos & Ephesus, the author of the Gospel of John, Epistles of John & the Revelation of Jesus Christ, with his passing, the need for these particular gifts, the oracles of God given to men through the Holy Spirit, were no longer required. With the forming of the Canon of Scripture, there came to be no need for revelatory gifts. In fact in Revelation, John himself records the words of Jesus, “18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book. 19 And if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share of the tree of life and the holy city, which are written about in this book.” [Revelation 22, CSB]
God is sovereign, still heals, still manifests in the miraculous, but not at the whim or the discretion of men. We pray and ask the Lord, and then we yield and surrender to His will, echoing the words and the spirit of Christ, “Not my will but your will be done.” [Luke 22:42].
I embrace and hold to a Reformed understanding of theology & Christian living in the world. I have abandoned my other views entirely. I would be more akin to a Reformed Baptist (1689 Confession) type of Reformed theology. I used to be a continuationist (akin to John Piper) but no longer.
God bless you as you seek to know Christ and the power of His resurrection [Philippians 3:10 CSB].
In the eternal grip of Jesus,
Samuel M. Buick
29 January 2018
< < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < END OF DISCLAIMER < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < <